I now have an obscene amount of dairy free pesto and only one person to eat it so over the next few days my diet will consist mainly of anything and everything I can think to cook with it. The first dish I cooked was a simple spaghetti dish which worked beautifully. Again there’s no real recipe but here’s a brief synopsis of how I made it. Oh and yes, I did just use the word synopsis in my day to day speech.
Dairy Free Pesto Pasta Recipe
1/2 cup Frozen Peas**
1 Generous tbsp DF Pesto ***
Small palm full of walnuts
- Cook pasta according to instructions and add the peas for the last 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and peas reserving a small amount of cooking liquor in the pan. I’d say roughly a tbsp not masses.
- Stir in your pesto and allow it all to sit in the pan whilst you pull a plate from the cupboard, possibly pour a glass or water or just have a good nosey out of the window to see what the neighbour is doing. This is an important step.
- Once you’ve distracted yourself absent-mindedly for as long as your stomach can bare plate your dish and garnish with the walnuts and possibly a sprig of basil if you have a plant on your windowsill.
- Eat, savour, enjoy.
* You could choose any pasta you wanted. I also almost ALWAYS cook more that 75g as I’m a greedy mare.